love to chat

Focus Focus Focus... Not my strong point. Instead I enjoy life regardless of my focus.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

try it again...things that make you go HMM?

We recently bought a new puppy. He is a year old but only about 2 1/2 pounds. He is afraid of everything. We named him Samson (Hoping he would grow into it) He has a lot fo hair and I haven't cut it still he has no strength.
Then I have Furby she is an older dog who thinks she is as big as any dog in town, great danes are no exception (she is a Yorkie) still you start a vaccuum and that dog is out of here. Or the lawn mower send her crying to the back door. She appears to have no fear, then we find a weakness that she hides rather well.
Samson, however, he will chase the mower and the vaccum all day as long as he doesn't realize a person is the reason it is moving. He doesn't fear the machines he fears the operator.
Anyway, I do have a point actually, because watching these two the last couple days has been an eye opening moment with my father. I see my kids, Brittany will go with any stranger, Blake will play alone forever, but a stranger is out of the question.
I can jump out of a plane (after being told about cancer), bungee jump, rock climb and whatever other obstacle comes into my path, but the people in my life are what scare me. Turns out Samson and I have a lot in common.
God showed me that we all have fears. Different fears, some for a valid reason and some because of the unknown. For me that is what it is with people I don't know how they will respond so I am very friendly as long as you don't really want to KNOW me. My goal this summer is to start facing those fears because I think that to strengthen something that is causing me to become paralyzed will help me to grow stronger or at least trust my father to carry me through.
It will also help with all my past weeks of turmoil because God wants me to bring my hubby and I into his hands and leave us there. I know there is great risk because he will allow free will, but the rewards are great. He doesn't want to hurt me, that is why I wasn't afraid to jump at about 10,000 feet (we had a guest pilot that day.) I need to put my marriage into God's hands and the other things that I let stumble me, put on the parachute and jump trusting God with everything. Am I scared, yes, but I have friends and people in my life who have different fears and I above all have the Lord so although the fall could hurt (should the string not work) it could be some of the most beautiful things I ever see, when I finally quit screaming and just open my eyes.
I challenge everyone to face at least one fear you have this week. Take the ride of your life. A little secret about sky diving, after in all that clothing, inevitably you have to use the restroom, and the man strapped to me said, "Have no fear", when I asked why? he said, "your system locks up you will be fine until we land!" Off we went. It did by the way feel as if it locked up but when we landed everything returned to normal. So face that challenge, that thing that scares you and open your eyes, during the fall everything locks up and after it is normal but better than normal because you have the experience that some will only dream about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home