love to chat

Focus Focus Focus... Not my strong point. Instead I enjoy life regardless of my focus.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

hurry up!

Here it is finally summer and now my son wants to hurry up. All year when school is in we do the hustle and bustle of its late, wake up, get dressed, you have to eat, come on lets get ready. Then, summer hits and the rush is off for at least 3 months and I am so excited, what happens? My son wakes up and says I am hungry, I want to eat can't you hurry and get up I need you to get up with me. He values the summer days because school wastes so many hours in his nine-year-old mind.
It caused me to reflect on is this what I do with God. I mean everyday of our lives are valuable, not just the bright shiny ones. As we travel through struggles and are learning the lessons God has for us and praying the prayers of defeat over Satan, we should be as excited about life as we are on the days that our kids graduate or get their liscenes's etc. Am I guilty of rushing through the lessons to see the sun? When I do am I missing the enjoyment of the clouds. Sure maturing in Christ is hard but we all know it is worth it, we all say so after the lesson is complete.
I am challenging myself this week to embrace everyday, (if you knew how much I am going through you would know this is like fear factor, the great race and survivor all wrapped in one package) still I am going to I am going to embrace it with the Lord so I can bear it for one, but value this too in order to be thankful for everyday in my life. Pray for me because this is a great challenge, but shouldn't we all look forward to the uncomfortable times because we know we are growing and maturing in Christ? I don't know maybe I am in denial, but I am going to try anyway. Have a great Tuesday!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger kpjara said…

    Maybe you and I should take a road trip up to KC for an upcoming luncheon with some fellow "bloggirls?"

    Seriously...I'm praying for you and It's so humbling to see my baby sister walk through this with so much more maturity than I think I could ever muster! I love you and am so very proud of you...and I am ALWAYS here for you and Big B and little b!

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger great2beme said…

    When is it? It is something to consider.

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger the voice said…

    I am very impressed with how you choose to face each day with love, instead of fear and anger. By "embracing" the day, you choose the higher ground, instead of giving in to Satan's ploy. I will continue to pray for you, your family, and especially, your husband. God bless you, Ken

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger tam said…

    The voice has it...that was a great comment and I will simply say I am right there with the prayers too.

    Oh! And go for lunch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home