love to chat

Focus Focus Focus... Not my strong point. Instead I enjoy life regardless of my focus.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Gratitude

I interpret in a class where Wednesday is gratitude day. Every week students had to write in their journals and tell 5 things they are thankful for and why. I think the teacher said it came from Oprah. So today I am doing gratitude.

1. I am thankful for my kids and how they bring sunshine to even the darkest times. Without them I am not sure how I would function in my flesh. They bring me growth and stretch me to what I think is beyond my ability and they are the most forgiving creatures on earth. I love those babies and I pray they reap the blessing that they sew into my life everyday I live.
2. I am thankful for summer. I love the sunshine and the way it is a feel good drug for me. I love the time with friends, family and just rest. I don’t rest a lot but the thought that I know I can is worth a million bucks. I love the way the sun makes me look, feel and shines. (I love shiny things)
3. I am thankful for my house. We worked very hard to get it. It isn’t a mansion but it is a home and I am so glad the Lord resides here. I am just happy to have a roof over my head, and the work I did to help get us here.
4. I am thankful for my quiet times. I feel close to God and to my career. I imagine how it must me like to always have that quiet. How peaceful and how amazing those minutes with God can make my day complete. I love my hubby but he doesn’t complete me anymore, Christ does. I want Kevin but more than that I want to be in God’s will. It also reminds me to thank God for the ability to read.
5. I am thankful for friends. I love that I have some I can call in times of crisis for advice and times I can call for a gripe session or to send praise reports up. I am thankful that these people touch my life everyday even when I don’t see them of talk to them. I am thankful that when I feel all-alone and I am with my friend Jesus he sends the person of the hours that will brighten my day.

That is a short list but I guess in case I do this again I should save some. Have a great Wednesday! Be blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home